Citizens’ association European cultural society was founded in June 2000 as a direct successor to two foundations: European cultural society foundation and European cinematography foundation. Our prime objectives were preparation and implementation of projects in the fields of film making, theater and new media.
In 2002 were expand our activities into educational a methodical projects to contribute to human resources development process and building new capacities in different environments. Our projects were implemented in autonomous environment as well as in university and regional education environmentelementary and high schools. A separate part was comprised of projects focusing on vulnerable groups (hearing-impaired, unemployed, Roma community) and their integration into society by means of customized educational programs reflecting their real needs and possibilities.
Simultaneously, we extended out portfolio with projects providing effective information technology implementation into everyday life (e-government, e-learning, e-inclusion). All activities of European cultural society were carried out accordingly to priorities and objectives of Action plan e-Europe+, Action plan 2005 – Information society for all and i2010 – European information society for growth an employment.
Main fields of activity of European cultural society
- education with emphasis on creating new contents and subsequent introduction of Information and Communication Technology tools into education process (e-learning, videoconference)
- social inclusion – with emphasis on vulnerable groups (the unemployed, the disabled, marginalized roma community)
- public administration – with emphasis on building capacities in autonomous environment and e-government building suppor
- performing arts – with emphasis on documentary movies production and live culture support
- lifelong and additional education support and educational forms diversification
- integration of IT tools into educational process and application of information systems as supplementary educational tools
- production of new educational tools with emphasis on e-learning base
- support of art and new media as current problems sensitization tools